Friday, January 19, 2007

what happened to white xmas...


shorts and t-shirt, that's what's appropriate for an afternoon recreational stroll along the river these days. i mean - who care's that it's mid-january, and that we learned in elementary school that the our climate has cold winters and hot summers. i still haven't made my snowball this season. that's one of my traditions that let me know that there was snow. i keep going back in my mind to when i was eight, and when we always hoped (and were raraly disappointed) that there would be snow for republic day (november 29). these day's i long for the nights to reaching freezing. my winter running season is being disrupted. i never thought i'd be overheating while running in january, like i did the other night.
what's going on?
it's not exactly like anyone knows. too many interest groups, too many people pulling in their own direction with no obligation to make committments or reach compromises. humanity. and then it's back to the good old story about the individual contribution (if one wishes to do so) and it's weight in the total. i might not drive a car or even use high polluting fuel for heating etc. but the question is what is being done on my behalf - whether/how is my waste water being processed, is what i pay for municipal bills being used as reported. apparently thing's aren't moving in the right direction. i've started recycling my plastic water and milk bottles. gotta do something more - this isn't enough. i'd like my kids to have a white christmas.

No comments: