Monday, January 14, 2008

starting anew.


before i started digitizing my thoughts i used to write in a notebook. that notebook has probably traveled 100,000 miles. it has survived my first european trip by train, and all other ones that followed and it ten years old.
but that was its main drawback. it was my travel notebook, my mental notes from places and situations that i would recognize years later without them being specifically named. it doesn't have any stains, but i have spilled many cups of coffee between its lines, and spent sunny afternoons in vienna and cold november days in paris with it on the coffee table in front of me.
now when i look back it is my first treasure chest. it carries my deepest thoughts from the period when i was discovering the world, out on the road by myself.
that time has passed. i now take down notes in a different way. words have been known to be a problem for me, so i tell stories through pictures. i'm still practicing getting the spelling and grammar right, but i'm learning. instead of my green notebook i use a computer and the net. now i can share my thought with the world (although i'm quite aware of the fact that seldom, if ever, are these lines read). this of course has its own point of compromise, where i have to curb my thoughts and restrain my ideas, for not everything is meant to be made public. but at least something is happening.
and just like i had written so many times in my notebook - so we begin again. it is time to start the next adventure, and hopefully i will be witting more and soon.

No comments: